[Fedora-spins] MIA spins

John Poelstra poelstra at redhat.com
Wed Jun 30 22:08:43 UTC 2010

Bruno Wolff III said the following on 06/30/2010 02:55 PM Pacific Time:
> On Wed, Jun 30, 2010 at 14:41:14 -0700,
>    John Poelstra<poelstra at redhat.com>  wrote:
>>
>> It has always bothered me we would ship something without clearly
>> confirming and tracking whether the final product was explicitly
>> tested.
>>
>> In a perfect world I'd say a week to test.  It may not take that
>> long to do, but some people might not get to it right away.
>
> What is the fallback plan if an owner doesn't sign off on their spin?
>
> Is someone else from spins supposed to do it, do we not publish a downloadable
> iso for that release, delay publishing the iso, publish it but then chastise
> the owner?

(removed extraneous CCs)

To me it is just like the feature process.  If the feature owner does
not do their part (keep pages update, etc.) Fedora has no obligation to
do theirs (advertise as part of the release, test, etc.).  So if the
spin owner does not sign off that it has been tested, it doesn't get
released for Fedora 14 and they can try again for Fedora 15.

We'll have regular schedule reminders, etc. so none of this will be a
surprise.  I don't think the Spin SIG should have to cover for every
spin owner that doesn't follow through.

I'm not looking to be overly harsh here.  There is definitely room to
help each other out, give reminders, etc., but there comes a point where
is someone says they are going to be the owner of something they have to
do just that.  And the fact of the matter is you guys are already doing
a lot already.

Thanks to you and Kevin for stepping up and helping to get things
running smoothly here.

John