[Fedora-spins] Spins talking points

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Wed May 5 14:24:25 UTC 2010

On Fri, Apr 09, 2010 at 08:33:21AM -0400, Paul W. Frields wrote:
> I saw a couple places where spin owners might want to build up some
> content to help promote their spins:
>
> * The Marketing team has a section on the talking points page for new
>   Spins.  In some places there are missing links or more information
>   is needed about particular spins.
>
>   https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Fedora_13_Talking_Points#Spins
>
> * The spins.fedoraproject.org web content doesn't yet reflect the
>   current spin content in the "master" branch.  I believe the Security
>   spin has already been added, but the other new spins don't have any
>   content in the fedora-web repo's folder for spins.fp.o.  If you need
>   help understanding or creating that content, you can consult the
>   websites@ list or come by #fedora-websites on IRC Freenode.
>
>   The missing spins right now look to be Design Suite, Moblin(TM), and
>   Sugar on a Stick.  Howver, I'm not sure whether or how the Moblin
>   spin is affected by the MeeGo merger, nor whether SoaS was intended
>   to be offered via spins.fp.o.  In the latter case it seems like we
>   should at least have a page with links to a canonical download area,
>   if we're not offering it ourselves.
>
> Let me know if any of this stuff is underway and I just missed it, or
> if there's specific information or help you need from another team,
> just say so.

I wanted to thank the spin owners who have spent some time beefing up
these pages -- and also Mel Chua, Michelle Kim, and a number of other
folks who have created banners, text, and templates for these spins.

It seems to me that we could improve our process for getting these
done if we tracked spin sites in our schedule somehow.  That doesn't
guarantee that other teams will automatically provide people-power for
making the necessary content, but it would at least give the spin
owners and SIG a way to know when they need to more urgently ask for
help, before the eleventh hour.  Would this be helpful?