[Fedora-spins] livecd-tools and spins

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Wed May 5 22:59:34 UTC 2010

On Wed, May 05, 2010 at 23:43:15 +0100,
  Peter Robinson <pbrobinson at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Slightly off topic for this list but a tool that ultimately the spins
> depend strongly on. I'm wondering whether without a upstream
> maintainer getting some of the patches (see links below) into upstream
> tool might not be a possible project for FES?
>
> Getting some of these things fixed would be very useful for the Sugar
> on a Stick spin, and slightly less so, but to the moblin and no doubt
> other spins.

Well it seems inefficient to put extra middle men in place when the FES
people may not know stuff as well as the people submitting patches and
may not have access to update the source either.

I'd rather see the people willing to do the work (evidenced by submitting
patches) just get the access needed to do the updates.