[Fedora-spins] I want to be able to remove liveuser from fedora-live-base.ks

Kevin Fenzi kevin at scrye.com
Fri May 7 21:33:42 UTC 2010

On Fri, 7 May 2010 11:41:54 -0500
Bruno Wolff III <bruno at wolff.to> wrote:

> On Fri, May 07, 2010 at 11:54:54 -0400,
>   Daniel J Walsh <dwalsh at redhat.com> wrote:
> > >
> > > Is this something for f14?
> > > We haven't made an f13 branch yet, and it's a bit late for a
> > > change to f13.
> >
> > I would like to see it go into F13, but definitely F14.
>
> My personal opinion is that it is too late to change the initial live
> base ks file for F13. That is going to affect several spins and there
> isn't a lot of time to do QA before the release.

Yes. it's way to late IMHO. RC2 is being spun up now.
Now is the time for only critical blockers.

> I think typically the spin-kickstarts package doesn't get updated
> during the life of a release because the intention is to save what
> was used to build the release spins. Though I am not sure that this
> view is accurate.

Yeah, that was my understanding as well.

> My personal opinion is that updating spin-kickstarts during the
> release should be doable. I'd like to hear some other people's take
> on that.
>
> So what I think makes sense is that once the git branch is made for
> F13, that this patch get applied to master and get some testing. Then
> I think a bit after F13 is released and the patch doesn't seem to
> break anything, that it get applied to the F13 branch, get a bit more
> testing and then it gets into an update of the spin-kickstarts
> package for F13. (Somewhere in theer it should also get into the F14
> package.)
>
> I'd like to get an ack or two, that this is reasonable plan?

I'd prefer to just see this work done in F14. I suppose if it's tested
there we could update spins-kickstarts for folks to build their own
images, I don't feel too strongly either way on that.

kevin