[Fedora-spins] Please make sure your spins are in working order!

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Mon May 10 14:05:17 UTC 2010

On Mon, May 10, 2010 at 01:14:51 +0200,
  Sebastian Dziallas <sebastian at when.com> wrote:
> Some heavy testing by both Peter and me have brought a couple of
> issues in the Moblin Spin and Sugar on a Stick to the surface. While
> these don't render the spins entirely unusable, the recent commits to
> the spin-kickstarts git repo would enhance the usability highly
> (Moblin) and remove an previously prominent application that's broken
> after a system lib update (upstream has been notified).
>
> It'd be really awesome if we could get these last-minute changes into
> the builds. Is there anything I can do to help make that happen?

I started looking at some of this but can't continue right now.

There was also an update to broffice ks file to remove a package that has
occured since 13.4 was made.

I am not sure exactly how kanarip makes the tar.gz file from the git repo
as I am seeing some differences (that may be due to sym links or something).
So I don't want to try to rush something out this minute and screw it up.
I haven't done one yet since kanarip made a few of us co-maintainers so
I am not sure exactly what to do and need to be very careful to not break
things. I'll be sure to get some practice for F14, so I will be in a better
position to help in these cases.

If someone else doesn't work on this in the next 10 hours or so, I'll go
through it carefully tonight. But that might be a bit late, as I doubt
they be more than one more RC if we don't slip.

If we actually have a Spins SIG meeting this afternoon, we can talk about
this a bit there.