[Fedora-spins] Obsoleting the BrOffice.org Spin

Igor Pires Soares igorsoares at gmail.com
Tue Nov 2 03:27:01 UTC 2010

Hello folks!

It has been five happy releases that we ship the Fedora BrOffice.org
Spin and now it is time to say goodbye. For me it is a happy goodbye as
well. Fedora 15 will be shipped with LibreOffice and fortunately we
don't have to worry anymore about trademark issues and lawsuits
therefore I'm obsoleting the BrOffice.org Spin.

I would like to thank Paul Frields and the Fedora Board for conceding
the trademark approval, Jeroen van Meeuwen for the very first kickstart
reviews, Bruno Wolff III for helping on last minute issues for Fedora 14
release, Junior Wolnei for testing the input methods, Rodrigo Padula and
the Brazilian community for supporting this effort and the whole Spin
SIG for wisdom during these two years and a half.

I really appreciate that and you all can make sure that you helped to
solve an important legal issue every release since Fedora 10.

Cheers!
--
Igor Pires Soares
Fedora I18N/L10N QA