[Fedora-spins] Server spin

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Fri Nov 12 17:08:24 UTC 2010

On Fri, Nov 12, 2010 at 16:14:44 +0100,
  Daniel Mach <dmach at redhat.com> wrote:
> Hello,
> we'd like to start Server spin.
> I've already created a spin page[1] and I'd appreciate any feedback from
> Spins SIG.

We'll see what happens at Tempe, but I expect in the future each spin will
be handled by its own SIG. But either way, you'd want a page to describe
what you are doing.

> The spin doesn't exactly follow the rules, since we use a script to
> generate the kickstart file[2].
>
> Do you think it's appropriate to keep it this way or should I change it?
> The reason why I do it this way is, that pungi doesn't pull optional
> comps packages in the media kit. Any idea how to work this around
> without having an extra script?

If you don't want a published ISO we can include the tool to build the
kickstart file in one of the spins-kickstart packages. It might be a good
idea to think about other potential uses for a script that generates
kickstart files. Maybe you can make some aspects more general than needed
for just handling servers.