[Fedora-spins] using livecd-creator

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Wed Oct 13 13:18:21 UTC 2010

On Wed, Oct 13, 2010 at 05:14:58 -0400,
  Kamil Paral <kparal at redhat.com> wrote:
> ----- "Bruno Wolff III" <bruno at wolff.to> wrote:
>
> By the way, replacing $releasever with 14 may be a good idea, but please
> leave the $basearch in place if possible. It is correctly substituted
> for current machine's arch. Therefore it is really easy to build x86_64
> and x86 ISO, I just execute "livecd-creator..." and
> "setarch i686 livecd-creator...". Which is quite handy and easier then
> editing the ks file all the time.

For the current release I didn't get much time and the documentation suggested
that $basearch wouldn't work for the url. I didn't find any support for
that option in pykickstart.py. So I am not sure how it works. If I get time,
I'll look into that some more.

My preferred way for this to work would be to use the repos from the system
it is being run on by default and have options to enable or disable other
repos. But I won't have time to make that big of a change any time soon.