[Fedora-spins] using livecd-creator

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Wed Oct 13 13:32:12 UTC 2010

On Wed, Oct 13, 2010 at 08:18:21 -0500,
  Bruno Wolff III <bruno at wolff.to> wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 13, 2010 at 05:14:58 -0400,
>   Kamil Paral <kparal at redhat.com> wrote:
> > ----- "Bruno Wolff III" <bruno at wolff.to> wrote:
> >
> > By the way, replacing $releasever with 14 may be a good idea, but please
> > leave the $basearch in place if possible. It is correctly substituted
> > for current machine's arch. Therefore it is really easy to build x86_64
> > and x86 ISO, I just execute "livecd-creator..." and
> > "setarch i686 livecd-creator...". Which is quite handy and easier then
> > editing the ks file all the time.
>
> For the current release I didn't get much time and the documentation suggested
> that $basearch wouldn't work for the url. I didn't find any support for
> that option in pykickstart.py. So I am not sure how it works. If I get time,
> I'll look into that some more.

I went back into the git history and $basearch was there before and hence
should have worked. I don't want to change the F-14 branch unless something
else important needs to change, since we are in freeze now.
I'll fix master soon. But I'd like to try to understand how $basearch gets
set and yet $releasever doesn't.