[Fedora-spins] using livecd-creator

Kamil Paral kparal at redhat.com
Wed Oct 13 09:14:58 UTC 2010

----- "Bruno Wolff III" <bruno at wolff.to> wrote:

> On Tue, Oct 12, 2010 at 11:38:26 -0500,
>   Bruno Wolff III <bruno at wolff.to> wrote:
> > On Tue, Oct 12, 2010 at 05:30:13 -0400,
> >   Kamil Paral <kparal at redhat.com> wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > repo --name=fedora
> --mirrorlist=http://mirrors.fedoraproject.org/mirrorlist?repo=fedora-$releasever&arch=$basearch
> > > repo --name=updates
> --mirrorlist=http://mirrors.fedoraproject.org/mirrorlist?repo=updates-released-f$releasever&arch=$basearch
> >
> > > Because (as I have observed) it substitutes $basearch with current
> arch,
> > > but does not substitute $releasever for anything and therefore
> that
> > > URL is inaccessible.
> >
> > I'll retest this. Which Fedora version are you building on? (It
> might
> > be that there is a new feature, but maybe I screwed up testing.)
>
> The docs do say that yum variables can't be used. So I need to do
> something
> to fix that. I think in the short run using i686 and 14 are
> reasonable.

Ok, that means that I should really create new kickstart and override
the repos when needed. Not ideal, but at least I now know it's the
correct way.

By the way, replacing $releasever with 14 may be a good idea, but please
leave the $basearch in place if possible. It is correctly substituted
for current machine's arch. Therefore it is really easy to build x86_64
and x86 ISO, I just execute "livecd-creator..." and
"setarch i686 livecd-creator...". Which is quite handy and easier then
editing the ks file all the time.

Thank you,
Kamil