[Fedora-spins] using livecd-creator

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Wed Oct 13 17:51:40 UTC 2010

On Wed, Oct 13, 2010 at 19:41:12 +0200,
  Jan Kratochvil <jan.kratochvil at redhat.com> wrote:
> On Wed, 13 Oct 2010 15:32:12 +0200, Bruno Wolff III wrote:
> > I don't want to change the F-14 branch unless something else important needs
> > to change, since we are in freeze now.
>
> This is handicaping the x86_64 architecture which should be being pushed to
> the users instead.  This is cancelling years of manyears investments into the
> Compiler Tools performance development.

This is only going to affect people who are building spins themselves, not
what we release. Most of those people need to futz with the repo commands
in any case to point to a local repo so they don't repeatedly download
the same stuff.

And I can do an update after the release to the spin-kickstarts package.
That was in the schedule in any case, in the event there were last second
tweaks to any of the ks files, as we wouldn't be able to easily update the
package (for the release media) during the freeze.
It's not any worse than past mistakes where we didn't change the repo
definitions to point to the release instead of rawhide, before the release.