[Fedora-spins] Spin status broffice and Desktop had status change

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Mon Oct 18 16:25:35 UTC 2010

On Mon, Oct 11, 2010 at 09:03:50 -0500,
  Bruno Wolff III <bruno at wolff.to> wrote:
> The Desktop spin jumped about 200MB in size a few days ago. Can someone
> update me on whether Desktop is targeting a CD or something else this
> time around? If the target is 1GB now, then things are OK.
>
> BrOffice stopped building a few days ago with an issue with a ks reference
> not being found. This doesn't appear to be from the recent BrOffice commit,
> but I am not sure yet what changed to cause the problem.
>
> The other spins are all building OK.

I was reviewing spin sizes again today and see that desktop is going to be
very close. This build predates the background change getting into
stable and doesn't reflect the compression effort. The initial intention
was that it include animated backgrounds.

It looks like the size bump happened a day later for it. Probably just due
to compose timing.

Probably there won't be a new composes before this afternoon's Spins SIG
meeting. But we'll need to check on closely throughout the RC period.