[Fedora-spins] Different boot defaults

Jan Kratochvil jan.kratochvil at redhat.com
Wed Jan 26 13:57:39 UTC 2011

On Wed, 26 Jan 2011 14:52:16 +0100, Rex Dieter wrote:
> On 01/26/2011 04:41 AM, Jan Kratochvil wrote:
> > AutomaticLogin: I do not understand a username question on boot CD/flash, what
> >                  is it good for?
>
> It logs in automatically, and does *not* pose a username question.

Yes, I want the automatic login.  I was curious why one does not want
automatic login on Live media.

> > DisallowTCP: One cannot use xhost, ssh -R/-L for X connections etc. without it.
> >               I am not a security expert but still the X server defaults ensure
> >               this setting on it own is safe.
>
> My understanding is that this simply disallows gdm listening for any
> connections.

Yes, I want the gdm listening for TCP connections for more flexible remote
clients operation.  I was curious why one does not want the more flexible
remote clients operation on Live media.

Thanks,
Jan