[Fedora-spins] Testing the nightly builds

Amit Saha droidery at gmail.com
Tue Jul 5 22:46:32 UTC 2011

On Tue, Jul 5, 2011 at 11:14 PM, Bruno Wolff III <bruno at wolff.to> wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 05, 2011 at 19:14:37 +1000,
>  Amit Saha <droidery at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> I have tried using VirtualBox and it goes as far as giving me the
>> desktop environment, but its painfully slow, even with 2G of (virtual)
>> RAM, and a boot from USB stops somewhere along the way.
>
> This is potentially a kernel issue.

Hmm. I see.

>> I understand its not tested at all, but was just wondering how to do
>> even a sanity testing of my spin.  Any ideas/thoughts appreciated.
>
> You could do sanity testing of your spin using F15. Use livecd-creator
> to build the spin against F15 and test it.

That's definitely something which I considered, but probably not
possible in my case. I recently pushed some changes to the
comps-f16-xml.in file, which I need to use in my kickstart file. Is
there any way I could use this fille, but use the Fedora repository
and not the rawhide repo?

Thanks Bruno!
-Amit
--