[Fedora-spins] oVirt Node Fedora 16 Spin

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Wed Jul 27 14:30:42 UTC 2011

On Tue, Jul 26, 2011 at 13:40:00 -0400,
  Perry Myers <pmyers at redhat.com> wrote:

> Right.  oVirt Node is no different from any of the other Live spins in
> that regard.  It can both be run Live/stateless or installed to disk.
> We just highlight the 'install to disk' presently functionality because
> it maps to the current use case for RHEVH/RHEVM product that Red Hat has.
>
> Other use cases may not require the 'install to disk' functionality.
> For example, standalone usage via the virt-manager-tui or integration
> with the Condor Cloud feature.
>
> Besides, don't the other spins provide an option to install to hard disk?

Yes they do.

The issue I am trying to avoid is that if we treat ovirt as a live spin,
it breaks some previously set rules, and there isn't a well functioning spins
SIG to make exceptions.

Also this is the third different base for a mini spin. There really should
be some work done to have nested levels of smallness so that work can
be reused. But this probably isn't going to happen any time soon, and may
not be a good reason to hold up a new spin.