[Fedora-spins] Spins issue

Justin M. Forbes jforbes at redhat.com
Tue Mar 1 18:27:16 UTC 2011

On Tue, Mar 01, 2011 at 11:20:52AM -0500, Jared K. Smith wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 1, 2011 at 8:47 AM, Paul W. Frields <stickster at gmail.com> wrote:
> > As I was going through some email this morning I saw that the Spins
> > SIG is concerned that the Cloud SIG hasn't followed the Spins process
> > to get their "ec2" labeled Spin included in the spins-kickstart
> > collection in git:
>
> I've got to admit that I never saw the EC2 images as being a spin per
> se, but that's certainly a discussion we can have going forward.  As I
> re-read through the Spins guidelines, it's still not clear to me how
> this would even qualify as a spin -- it's really a different animal
> than our traditional spins.  At the same time, I think it needs a lot
> of the same process for review, oversight, and QA that we currently
> have in place for spins, so there might be some ability to roll the
> cloud images into the spins concept.  I'm certainly open to comments
> and suggestions either way.

Agreed, we certainly will not be creatin ISOs or any other installable
image eiether, but I am  open to discussions there.  Review is important,
which is why we are trying to make images available throughout the F15
release process.

As for a git repository, the kickstart files are currently being
maintained in git://git.fedorahosted.org/cloud-kickstarts.git
This doesnt work wth koji at the moment, but it is a place for people to
read/comment/suggest changes and check out to create their own appliances.

--
Justin M. Forbes