[Fedora-spins] Fedora Scientific: Including PiCloud?

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Mon Feb 20 06:28:07 UTC 2012

On Mon, Feb 20, 2012 at 16:42:22 +1100,
  Amit Saha <droidery at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello:
>
> I am updating the kickstart file for Fedora Scientific. I am keen to
> include the PiCloud client library (http://www.picloud.com/), having
> been quite impressed with the ease of use. From my last check, it is
> not available in the Fedora package repository, however its
> installable from PyPi (using python-pip), so I do a python-pip install
> in the %post part of my kickstart file.

No that is not acceptible if you are publishing ISOs. (It might be allowable
for the case where just the kickstart file is published, but I would
recommend against that as well.) Fedora needs to have the source code available
and we won't.

If you want this, the proper way to do this is to first package PiCloud
and then add it to the package list for the scientific spin.