[Fedora-spins] Fedora LXDE Spin vs. XFCE Spin -- need info

Peter Robinson pbrobinson at gmail.com
Wed Mar 14 07:44:31 UTC 2012

On Wed, Mar 14, 2012 at 2:10 AM, nomnex <nomnex at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I really (2x) like the LXDE Fedora Spin, but I am annoyed by a
> LXPanel bug, since I first installed the LXDE Spin, back in Fedora 13.

Have you reported the bug in the Fedora bug system?

> 1. What Fedora spin is more popular in term of download: LXDE or XFCE,
> and why?

Who knows, it's personal preference

> 2. Is the XFCE panel stable?

Well a lot of people use it.

> 3. Is there much change from on DE to another one?
>
> 4. Can I install the software I like: PCManFM, Sylpheed, LXTerminal, etc
> in a XFCE environment?

You can install both environments on the same machine side by side and
switch between them to test them both for yourself. "yum groupinstall
xfce-desktop" will give you the defaults and you should be able to
then select the one you wish to use at the login prompt. Alternatively
you could test a live image.

Peter