[Fedora-spins] Design spin review

Luya Tshimbalanga luya at fedoraproject.org
Sat Jan 5 20:57:23 UTC 2013

Greetings,
I took over Design spin suite maintenance at the request of Sebastian.
I notice the suite has not been updated for a while and will be a good
time to review
the listed package below.

# gnome desktop
gdm
gnome-panel
gnome-session
gnome-shell
metacity
nautilus

# graphics
blender
(-) cinepaint (could it be dropped from default due to instability?)
fontforge
(?) fontmatrix (replacement by font-manager as default?)
gimp
gimp-*-plugin
GREYCstoration-gimp
  hugin # is huge
inkscape
mypaint
nautilus-image-converter
optipng
(-) postr (can it be dropped from default spin since shotwell can export
in Flickr?)
(?) rawtherapee (replacement by darktable?)
scribus
shotwell
synfigstudio
ufraw
xournal
(+) simple-scan

# office
abiword
dia
evince
gnote
gnumeric
(+) # pdfmod (reenable it?)

# internet
empathy
evolution (keep it or replace it by Thunderbird?)
firefox

# audio & video
(+) audacity? (jokosher upstream is dead)
pitivi
rhythmbox
totem
+ cheese

# system
gedit
gnome-terminal
# gtk-recordmydesktop # dropped for space (#887991)
network-manager-applet

I would like to include fonts used for Fedora design especially
Comfortaa. Feedback welcome.