[Fedora-spins] spins in f19

Kevin Fenzi kevin at scrye.com
Fri Jan 25 20:54:04 UTC 2013

So, we had a fudcon session about spins, but it was merged with the
talk on Fedora Formulas and we didn't really decide anything about
spins.

Formulas aren't going to fully replace spins, and even if they do, they
likely won't be ready for f19 anyhow, so we need to figure out what we
do for f19 now.

a) what about the new spins that didn't get added in f18?
If their spin owners are actually active, they should chime in and
commit their ks to git and update the f19 spins page with their size
and so releng knows to produce them.

b) Any new spins need to SUBMIT THEIR KS FILES ASAP so we can avoid
problems where things don't make it.

c) There's no meetings, Christoph is swamped, how do we want to handle
the day to day business of the sig?

I was thinking we should require at each freeze point that any spins we
promote on spins.fedoraproject.org have at least 2 people sign off that
they tested them and they basically work. If 0 people do this sign off,
we should still produce them, but they sit in alt and don't get
promoted anywhere. If a spin doesn't get any testing for an entire
cycle, we drop them completely.

Thoughts? counter proposals?

kevin