[Fedora-spins] Adding spins-kickstart permission issue.

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Wed Jan 30 13:37:27 UTC 2013

On Tue, Jan 29, 2013 at 21:59:27 -0800,
   Luya Tshimbalanga <luya at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
>Following the instruction from the wiki[1], I hit a permission denial below:
>
>$ scp spin-kickstarts-*.tar.gz fedorahosted.org:spin-kickstarts
>The authenticity of host 'fedorahosted.org (66.135.62.201)' can't be
>established.
>RSA key fingerprint is e6:b3:68:51:98:2d:4c:dc:63:27:46:65:51:d5:f0:7a.
>Are you sure you want to continue connecting (yes/no)? yes
>Warning: Permanently added 'fedorahosted.org' (RSA) to the list of known
>hosts.
>scp:
>/srv/web/releases/s/p/spin-kickstarts//spin-kickstarts-0.19.1.tar.gz:
>Permission denied
>
>I think I cannot add the tarball due to lack of permission. I am still
>learning how to build a livemedia through koji.
>
>[1] http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Rebuilding_Spins_Packages

It doesn't look like you updated the version number for spin-kickstarts as
there already appears to be a 0.19.1. Every time you do an upload you should
increment the last part of the version number. We want to keep a source
in the spin-kickstarts area for each diffent tarball we use in a release.
And pretty much all manual releases should make a new tarball.

The step you missed was:
Edit configure.ac to update the version or release