[Fedora-spins] comps.xml entry for audio related packages

Brendan Jones brendan.jones.it at gmail.com
Thu Jan 31 11:27:29 UTC 2013

Hi,

we are considering submitting a change request to add the "core" audio
packages for inclusion in the comps file. Other distributions have a
Multimedia group, but I was thinking we should have one which is only
audio related.

I'm unsure what to call this group - the spin is Fedora Jam, but I was
thinking we should just opt for "Audio" as the name. However, there is
also the use case for multimedia which could pull in the video side of
things as well as Audio.

What do people think? We will probably look at including these packages
as a base, however I'd recommend removing some of the soundfonts as they
are quite large [1]. Should we be looking to cull it further?

OTOH, we could just call the group "Fedora Jam" and leave as is, but I
worry that the name is not intuitive at install time. Should we submit
multiple groups (ie Audio and /Fedora Jam)

regards,

Brendan

[1] http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Fedora_jam#Included_Packages