[Fedora-spins] [spin-kickstarts] desktop: rename fedora-gnome-packages to fedora-desktop-packages

Christoph Wickert christoph.wickert at gmail.com
Fri Jul 26 20:07:59 UTC 2013

Am Freitag, den 26.07.2013, 18:08 +0000 schrieb "Jóhann B. Guðmundsson":
> ?
>
> This is the Gnome desktop spin right?

No, this is the Fedora Desktop spin. It happens to ship GNOME, because
GNOME is our default offering, but that doesn't mean that somebody
couldn't make a "Fedora GNOME Spin", a GNOME "pure blend", e.g. with
Epiphany instead of Firefox.

Therefor I think Ray's change makes a lot of sense. This is the package
selection of the Fedora Desktop, not of GNOME. Whether or not this
package selection will remain the default offering of Fedora is a
completely different question.

Best regards,
Christoph