[Fedora-spins] admin-tools group and desktops

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Fri Jun 14 21:54:25 UTC 2013

Hey, folks. So we just happened to catch that the 'admin-tools' group,
which contains some fairly useful tools inc. system-config-users,
system-config-language and system-config-keyboard, more or less got lost
in the wash between F17 and F18, and is missing from the main desktop
spins in F18 and all F19 builds till now.

We just tweaked it a bit and added it back to Xfce, LXDE and MATE: those
seem like pretty obvious decisions (nirik and dan408 approved adding it
back to MATE, and I tested that it doesn't add egregious deps to LXDE
and it's obviously useful to have in there). But I'm not totally clear
whether KDE, Sugar or Cinnamon need/want it. If Cinnamon includes GNOME
3's control center, that should be able to do all those settings. I
don't know if KDE considers its own tools 'adequate' - one big question
is whether they can set the systemwide configuration. And I don't know
if Sugar actually wants stuff like this.

git commit:

https://git.fedorahosted.org/cgit/comps.git/commit/?id=eb48011d26f20832ff3fd27806ee0134a31faf9f

thanks!
--