[Fedora-spins] Netizen Spin

Matthew Miller mattdm at fedoraproject.org
Sun May 17 21:14:43 UTC 2015

On Sun, May 17, 2015 at 02:56:46PM -0400, Corey Leong wrote:
> The change request page can be found here:
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Changes/Netizen_Spin
> The spin page is located here:
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Netizen_Spin

I assume that this spin would involve shipping some software in Fedora
with defaults significantly other than their defaults overall or in
Fedora Workstation. If so, let's talk about that.

Right now, the "scope" section suggests that this will primarily be an
_appearance_ thing — or at least, look-and-feel. I'm afraid that this
might actually be somewhat deceptive, if that's the case — people might
assume that the goal is similar to that of stand-alone distributions
aimed at privacy/anonymity, like Tails.

--
Matthew Miller
<mattdm at fedoraproject.org>