[Fedora-suds-list] using suds client to determine types for parameters and of response

Joachim König him at online.de
Thu Oct 30 14:37:34 UTC 2008

Hello,

I'm using suds (among its normal usage) also to check method
definitions.

It very easy to determine the methods and the names and types of
the method parameters by looking at:

   methods = client.sd.ports[0][1]

e.g., using the internal information from suds after it parsed the WSDL.
It returns a list of (name, params) tuples where the params elements
contain, among other things, the name and the type of the arguments.

I use this to make sure, a webservice I have to use, confirms to some
written specification.

Now I'd like to do the same for the response, but I could not find out
how to use suds to tell me the type of the respons of a method (without
actually calling the method and analyzing the returned object). Can I get
this infomation from suds?

Thank you