[Fedora-suds-list] Question about the soap envelope namespace

Michael Sommerville msommerville at gmail.com
Tue Aug 25 16:44:07 UTC 2009

On Mon, Aug 24, 2009 at 11:55 PM, Chris Frantz<frantzcj at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> It appears that the soap envelope namespace is hardcoded to
> 'http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/' in binding.py.  I'm trying to
> talk to a gSOAP based web service that insists the envelope namespace be
> 'http://www.w3.org/2003/05/soap-envelope'.
>
> Unfortunately, I don't have permission to share the WSDL file.
>
> Any suggestions?

We have the same issue with our gSOAP service.  I'm sure there are
other cleaner ways of achieving the same result, but what about simply
replacing the envns object before you make any calls to the web
service?  For example:

suds.bindings.binding.envns = ('SOAP-ENV',
'http://www.w3.org/2003/05/soap-envelope')

-Mike