[Fedora-suds-list] How to deal with this data type

Chris Frantz frantzcj at gmail.com
Fri Aug 28 19:53:07 UTC 2009

Jeff,

I was able to 'punt' on this issue and I have what appears to be a
functional workaround in suds-0.3.7:

1.  In suds/umx/core.py, it appears you forgot to import 'merge' from
sudsobject.
2.  In suds/mx/appender.py, I changed ElementAppender to not raise the "raw
XML not valid..." exception (comment out two lines).

I can now use the raw XML trick to construct a FooThing manually.
Furthermore, it appears that I can just use any FooThings handed back to me
from the SOAP service.

So far so good.  If I run into any other problems with this issue, I'll let
you know.  I hope you can find and integrate a proper solution into the next
release.

Thanks,
--Chris