[Fedora-suds-list] O your really think he will? Because I'm sure I'll like your M

Carrino babassu at mafo.nl
Mon Aug 31 02:10:43 UTC 2009

Ngs will be somewhat clearer." He leaned back in his chair. Malone
shifted his feet again and transferred his hat from his right to his
left hand. "We put one of our test subjects in the insulated room," Dr.
O'Connor said, "and connected him to the detector. He was to read from a
book-- a book that was not too common. This was, of course, to obviate
the chance that some other person nearby might be reading it, or might
have read it in the past. We picked _The Blood is the Death_ by
Hieronymus Melanchthon, which, as you may know, is a very rare book
indeed." "Sure," Malone said. He had never heard of the book, but he
was, after all, willing to take Dr. O'Connor's word for it. The
telepathy expert went on: "Our test subject read it carefully, scanning
rather than skimming. Cameras recorded the movements of his eyes in
order for us to tell just what he was reading at any given moment, in
order to correlate what was going on in his mind with the reactions of
the machine's indicators, if you follow me." Malone nodded helplessly.
"At the same time," Dr. O'Connor continued blithely, "we had Charlie in
a nearby room, recording his babblings. Every so often, he would come
out with quotations from _The Blood is the Death_, and these quotations
corresponded exactly with what our test subject was reading at the time,
and also corresponded with the abnormal fluctuations of the detector."
Dr. O'Connor paused. Something, Malone realized, was expected of him. He
thought of several responses and chose one. "I see," he said. "But the
important thing here," Dr. O'Connor said, "is the timing. You see,
Charlie was incapable of continued concentration. He could not keep his
mind focused on another mind for very l