[Fedora-suds-list] Problem parsing a wsdl

Jeff Ortel jortel at redhat.com
Wed Nov 4 17:20:04 UTC 2009

Hey Alastair,

This works for me (see output below).  I'd suggest you navigate to your wsdl url below and
validate that it is an XML document.  Also, be sure to view the source and make sure it's
really as the browser shows it.  It looks good for me and suds has no problem with it.
But, each web environment is different (proxies, caching, etc).  Also, if you tried this
and did some ctrl^c, you may have corrupted the suds cache.  By default, suds uses a
file-based cache and when you interrupt it while writing to the cache, it can corrupt the
files.  So, you can specify that suds *not* use any caching by using the /cache=None/
option as follows:

 > url = 'https://api.betfair.com/global/v3/BFGlobalService.wsdl'
 > client = Client(url, cache=None)

And/or, you can also clear the cache.

On Linux: ( rm -f /tmp/suds/* )
On Windows: sorry, don't know :)

Hope this helps,

Jeff

Test @ ( https://api.betfair.com/global/v3/BFGlobalService.wsdl )

Suds ( https://fedorahosted.org/suds/ )  version: 0.3.8 (beta)  build: R589-20091030

Service ( BFGlobalService ) tns="http://www.betfair.com/publicapi/v3/BFGlobalService/"
    Prefixes (3)
       ns0 = "http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/"
       ns1 = "http://www.betfair.com/publicapi/types/global/v3/"
       ns2 = "http://www.betfair.com/publicapi/v3/BFGlobalService/"
    Ports (1):
       (BFGlobalService)
          Methods (28):
             addPaymentCard(ns1:AddPaymentCardReq request, )
             convertCurrency(ns1:ConvertCurrencyReq request, )
             createAccount(ns1:CreateAccountReq request, )
             deletePaymentCard(ns1:DeletePaymentCardReq request, )
             depositFromPaymentCard(ns1:DepositFromPaymentCardReq request, )
             forgotPassword(ns1:ForgotPasswordReq request, )
             getActiveEventTypes(ns1:GetEventTypesReq request, )
             getAllCurrencies(ns1:GetCurrenciesReq request, )
             getAllCurrenciesV2(ns1:GetCurrenciesV2Req request, )
             getAllEventTypes(ns1:GetEventTypesReq request, )
             getEvents(ns1:GetEventsReq request, )
             getPaymentCard(ns1:GetPaymentCardReq request, )
             getSubscriptionInfo(ns1:GetSubscriptionInfoReq request, )
             keepAlive(ns1:KeepAliveReq request, )
             login(ns1:LoginReq request, )
             logout(ns1:LogoutReq request, )
             modifyPassword(ns1:ModifyPasswordReq request, )
             modifyProfile(ns1:ModifyProfileReq request, )
             retrieveLIMBMessage(ns1:RetrieveLIMBMessageReq request, )
             selfExclude(ns1:SelfExcludeReq request, )
             setChatName(ns1:SetChatNameReq request, )
             submitLIMBMessage(ns1:SubmitLIMBMessageReq request, )
             transferFunds(ns1:TransferFundsReq request, )
             updatePaymentCard(ns1:UpdatePaymentCardReq request, )
             viewProfile(ns1:ViewProfileReq request, )
             viewProfileV2(ns1:ViewProfileV2Req request, )
             viewReferAndEarn(ns1:ViewReferAndEarnReq request, )
             withdrawToPaymentCard(ns1:WithdrawToPaymentCardReq request, )
          Types (186):
             ns1:APIErrorEnum
             ns1:APIRequest
             ns1:APIRequestHeader
             ns1:APIResponse
             ns1:APIResponseHeader
             ns1:AccountStatusEnum
             ns1:AccountTypeEnum
             ns1:AddPaymentCardErrorEnum
             ns1:AddPaymentCardReq
             ns1:AddPaymentCardResp
             ns0:Array
             ns1:ArrayOfBFEvent
             ns1:ArrayOfCouponLinks
             ns1:ArrayOfCurrency
             ns1:ArrayOfCurrencyV2
             ns1:ArrayOfEventType
             ns1:ArrayOfLIMBValidationErrorsEnum
             ns1:ArrayOfMarketSummary
             ns1:ArrayOfPaymentCard
             ns1:ArrayOfRetrieveCardBillingAddressCheckLIMBMessage
             ns1:ArrayOfServiceCall
             ns1:ArrayOfSubmitCardBillingAddressCheckLIMBMessage
             ns1:ArrayOfSubscription
             ns1:ArrayOfValidationErrorsEnum
             ns1:BFEvent
             ns1:BillingPeriodEnum
             ns1:CardTypeEnum
             ns1:ConvertCurrencyErrorEnum
             ns1:ConvertCurrencyReq
             ns1:ConvertCurrencyResp
             ns1:CouponLink
             ns1:CreateAccountErrorEnum
             ns1:CreateAccountReq
             ns1:CreateAccountResp
             ns1:Currency
             ns1:CurrencyV2
             ns1:DeletePaymentCardErrorEnum
             ns1:DeletePaymentCardReq
             ns1:DeletePaymentCardResp
             ns1:DepositFromPaymentCardReq
             ns1:DepositFromPaymentCardResp
             ns0:ENTITIES
             ns0:ENTITY
             ns1:EventType
             ns1:ForgotPasswordErrorEnum
             ns1:ForgotPasswordReq
             ns1:ForgotPasswordResp
             ns1:GamcareLimitFreqEnum
             ns1:GenderEnum
             ns1:GetCurrenciesReq
             ns1:GetCurrenciesResp
             ns1:GetCurrenciesV2Req
             ns1:GetCurrenciesV2Resp
             ns1:GetEventTypesReq
             ns1:GetEventTypesResp
             ns1:GetEventsErrorEnum
             ns1:GetEventsReq
             ns1:GetEventsResp
             ns1:GetPaymentCardErrorEnum
             ns1:GetPaymentCardReq
             ns1:GetPaymentCardResp
             ns1:GetSubscriptionInfoReq
             ns1:GetSubscriptionInfoResp
             ns0:ID
             ns0:IDREF
             ns0:IDREFS
             ns1:KYCStatusEnum
             ns1:KeepAliveReq
             ns1:KeepAliveResp
             ns1:LIMBValidationErrorsEnum
             ns1:LoginErrorEnum
             ns1:LoginReq
             ns1:LoginResp
             ns1:LogoutErrorEnum
             ns1:LogoutReq
             ns1:LogoutResp
             ns1:MarketStatusEnum
             ns1:MarketSummary
             ns1:MarketTypeEnum
             ns1:MarketTypeVariantEnum
             ns1:ModifyPasswordErrorEnum
             ns1:ModifyPasswordReq
             ns1:ModifyPasswordResp
             ns1:ModifyProfileErrorEnum
             ns1:ModifyProfileReq
             ns1:ModifyProfileResp
             ns0:NCName
             ns0:NMTOKEN
             ns0:NMTOKENS
             ns0:NOTATION
             ns0:Name
             ns1:PaymentCard
             ns1:PaymentCardStatusEnum
             ns1:PaymentsErrorEnum
             ns1:PrivacyPolicyChangeResponseEnum
             ns0:QName
             ns1:RegionEnum
             ns1:RetrieveAddressCheckLIMBMessage
             ns1:RetrieveBirthDateCheckLIMBMessage
             ns1:RetrieveCardBillingAddressCheckLIMBMessage
             ns1:RetrieveChatNameChangeLIMBMessage
             ns1:RetrieveContactDetailsCheckLIMBMessage
             ns1:RetrieveLIMBMessageErrorEnum
             ns1:RetrieveLIMBMessageReq
             ns1:RetrieveLIMBMessageResp
             ns1:RetrievePasswordChangeLIMBMessage
             ns1:RetrievePersonalLIMBMessage
             ns1:RetrieveTCPrivacyPolicyChangeLIMBMessage
             ns1:Runner
             ns1:SecurityQuestion1Enum
             ns1:SecurityQuestion2Enum
             ns1:SelfExcludeErrorEnum
             ns1:SelfExcludeReq
             ns1:SelfExcludeResp
             ns1:ServiceCall
             ns1:ServiceEnum
             ns1:SetChatNameErrorEnum
             ns1:SetChatNameReq
             ns1:SetChatNameResp
             ns0:Struct
             ns1:SubmitAddressCheckLIMBMessage
             ns1:SubmitBirthDateCheckLIMBMessage
             ns1:SubmitCardBillingAddressCheckLIMBMessage
             ns1:SubmitChatNameChangeLIMBMessage
             ns1:SubmitContactDetailsCheckLIMBMessage
             ns1:SubmitLIMBMessageErrorEnum
             ns1:SubmitLIMBMessageReq
             ns1:SubmitLIMBMessageResp
             ns1:SubmitPasswordChangeLIMBMessage
             ns1:SubmitPersonalLIMBMessage
             ns1:SubmitTCPrivacyPolicyChangeLIMBMessage
             ns1:Subscription
             ns1:SubscriptionStatusEnum
             ns1:TitleEnum
             ns1:TransferFundsErrorEnum