[Fedora-suds-list] soapenc:array is being substituted

Jason McKellar jason at deadtreepages.com
Thu Apr 1 14:01:13 UTC 2010

On Thu, Apr 1, 2010 at 9:35 AM, Jeff Ortel <jortel at redhat.com> wrote:
> Hey Jason,
>
> The specification: http://www.w3.org/TR/2000/NOTE-SOAP-20000508/ says:
> "Arrays are compound values (see also section 5.4.2). SOAP arrays are
> defined as having a type of SOAP-ENC:Array or a type derived there from."
>  This is tricky.  Having the xsi:type be SOAP-ENC:Array may cause problems
> with some servers just as setting it to the derived type is causing problems
> in yours.  Do you know what kind of server you're talking to?
>
> That said, we need to help you with you issue.  I could add an option in 0.4
> that would allow the user to specify how suds should set the xsi:type for
> soap encoded arrays.  Or, I can tell you how to hack your suds.  Which would
> you prefer?

It's an Axis server, but its inside a proprietary hardware setup so I
can't access it (I only know it's axis from the traceback).

I am trying to get this setup rather quickly so showing me the
appropriate place to hack it would be good, but an option on 0.4 would
be a boon on top of that.

Thanks for your reply,

Jason