[Fedora-suds-list] Microsoft Exchange EWS module

Erik Cederstrand erik at cederstrand.dk
Wed Jul 21 11:28:03 UTC 2010

Hi all,

It seems some people are using, or trying to use, Suds to connect to Exchange servers using EWS. As it's a bit convoluted, I'd like to share the working code I have (attached), in the hopes of creating at least a minimal Python EWS module in a joined effort. I have tested using Suds 0.4.

Currently, I have implemented functions to set up an Exchange object, autodetect the server version and authentication type, download and patch the Services.wsdl and xsd files. I also have functions to find, create and delete calendar items, as that's what I need myself.

If anyone's interested in improving the code or if you get any error messages, please contact me. demo.py shows how to use the module.

Thanks,
Erik