[Fedora-suds-list] Suds Transport - HttxTrans with HttxLib

Daniel Rodriguez danjrod at gmail.com
Thu Jul 22 07:01:07 UTC 2010

Dear Jeff and other sudsers,

Since I started using suds some months ago I found out about the integrated
urllib2 transport in suds, which doesn't have a keepalive (limitation of
urllib2). Like others,  I also wanted decompression and some other things.
And I wrote my own transport too.

Some other custom transports have been shared over the mailing list and
suggestions about using urllib3 and httplib2 as the underlying libraries.

Since I saw limitations in both approaches and wanted a different approach,
I engaged into developing a library that could give me the desired transport
for suds.

I have finally today uploaded the library to a googlecode site (although
development happens using git over gitorious if you want to clone the
repository)

The project is called *HttxLib* and hosted at
http://code.google.com/p/httxlib/

<http://code.google.com/p/httxlib/>In the download section (
http://code.google.com/p/httxlib/downloads/list) you will find:

   - Source code + doc
   - Source code only
   - Doc only

The source code includes:

   - The library
   - A suds transport called HttxTrans
   - Some basic examples

The transport supports out of the box:

   - Compression
   - Authentication (Basic tested, I would gracefully have Digest tested by
   someone with access to digest authenticating servers)
   - Cookies
   - Client Certificates and Server Certificate validation if wished
   - Redirection (to external sites too)
   - Multithread safe
   - Multiple transparent simultaneous connections to the same site

The library is an attempt to take where other libraries have left

I would welcome any feedback (you can of course use the googlecode issue
tracker)

Best regards

Daniel