[Fedora-suds-list] Fwd: Help getting Gzip encoded responses working

Daniel Rodriguez danjrod at gmail.com
Wed Jun 23 11:04:33 UTC 2010

Hi Paul,

I had a look at what I guess you posted in ticket 320.

You seem to be do logging because the code (according to what you posted)
fails when trying to log the request that is about to be sent.

The code is failing at suds/transport/__init__.py

    def __str__(self):
        s = []
        s.append('URL:%s' % self.url)
        s.append('HEADERS: %s' % self.headers)
        s.append('MESSAGE:')
        s.append(self.message)
        --> return '\n'.join(s) <-- FAILING HERE

Which is surprising given that list "s" has been created on the stack.

I tried the following code snippet and it works:

s = []
print '\n'.join(s)

This really seems to have nothing to do with gzip itself.

Could you provide any more info?

Best regards

Daniel