[Fedora-suds-list] response has bad XML, double enclosed element

Matthew straycat000 at yahoo.com
Tue May 18 12:19:37 UTC 2010

Hi,

It's been awhile since I've had to post to this list but now I have a confusing problem.

My script queries MLB.com's servers for a media location request.  The response back has an element of type xsd:string named "cdn".

That element is now being double enclosed.

What used to be:

<cdn>foobar</cdn>

is now comng back as:

So it seems like this is both a string (inside <cdn>) and a complex type (outside <cdn>.)  I'm hoping this is just an error that they will resolve on their end.  If that's not the case, is it valid SOAP/XML to have a complex type and a string type with the same name?  How would I go about changing my local xsd file to accomodate this?

Because of many other omissions or errors in their official xsd files, I'm using my own xsd to parse their responses.  I'm attaching that xsd.  The elelment in question is an element of media-item.

Thanks,
Matthew Levine