[Fedora-suds-list] RFC: suds plugins

Joshua J. Kugler joshua at eeinternet.com
Thu May 20 16:32:36 UTC 2010

On Thursday 20 May 2010, Jeff Ortel elucidated thus:
> If taking this approach, It would probably make sense to have a
> 'Context' per plugin type. The context for MessagePlugin(s)
> could/should probably be:
>
> MessageContext
>   * method       <-- method name
>   * params       <-- parameters passed.
>   * envelope     <-- outgoing envelope XML document root.
>   * reply        <-- depends on how called:
>                        received() : reply = raw text
>                        parsed()   : reply = sax parsed reply
>                        returning(): reply = object being returned.
>

> Thoughs? Comments?
> Is this any better?  Am I smoking crack?

How about SendingMessagePluging and ReceiveMessagePlugin (or some such)
so the MessageContext is more consistent for all calls in the class.
In other words, you would avoid "blank" fields.  Dunno...just off the
top of my head.

Joshua Kugler
Part-Time System Admin/Programmer
http://www.eeinternet.com