[Fedora-suds-list] Dealing with exceptions from the web services

Joshua J. Kugler joshua at eeinternet.com
Tue May 25 18:43:09 UTC 2010

On Tuesday 25 May 2010, Donald W. Long elucidated thus:
> I found that if the service returns a string value and the service
> throws an exception i can look at the result and it will contain
> 'soap:Server', but if the service returns void then you can not tell
> if you have an error or not.
>

> But what I am really trying to figure out, is how do you see what
> exception the service has thrown.
>
> You may noticed that I am using the WindowsHttpAuthenticated, this is
> required for access to the server that is running the web services.

If you are not seeing a suds.WebFault raised then the service is not
raising a SOAPFault, and thus is returning error information to you
other ways.  If the service does not raise a SOAPFault on errors, then
you will have to wrap the call and raise an exception if an error
condition is returned.

Joshua Kugler
Part-Time System Admin/Programmer
http://www.eeinternet.com