Other projects under the umbrella ?

Yaakov Nemoy loupgaroublond at gmail.com
Wed Mar 3 10:37:13 UTC 2010

Hey Heiko,

2010/3/3 Heiko W.Rupp <hrupp at redhat.com>:
> Hi,
>
> dunno if this is the ML, Yaakov was talking about on irc yesterday.

This is the correct one, yes :).

> I want to reiterate again that we need to find a way to invite / incorporate other projects
> in the umbrella that are technically not a direct Fedora upstream or JBoss.org project
> like e.g. rhq-project.org which is (partially) hosted at Fedorahosted, but which fall under
> the umbrella because of the sponsoring organization.

I think that if we want to make this effective for RHQ, we need to get
your org in with our planning. This way we can generate some noise
about what kind of projects you're looking to do, and help send good
students to you if they have good ideas of their own.

> So rhq-project.org wants to participate under the Fedora umbrella this year.
> Some initial project ideas are here: http://support.rhq-project.org/display/RHQ/Ideas (some
> of them not big enough for GSoC though)

Could you add your ideas here too:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Summer_coding_ideas_for_2009

I think this page is going to get more views, being the catch all
page. Also, if your name is on there, people who are looking for ideas
know exactly where to go. Another idea you might want to add is an
open ended student based proposal for RHQ. Just explain what RHQ is,
explain why it might interest a potential student, and suggest you are
open to ideas from students.

I think the next step is to make sure that your name gets included
with the marketing noise that's made.

-Yaakov