Coding test

Karsten Wade kwade at redhat.com
Tue Mar 16 17:27:45 UTC 2010

On Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 12:21:33PM -0400, Mel Chua wrote:
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/GSoC_2010_plan#Workflow_plan mentions a
> coding test that students have to pass - where do we find out more about
> the test, how to administer it, how it's designed, etc? (I can
> understand the test itself being non-public so students will take it on
> even footing.)
>
> I've been searching but unable to find stuff, so if it's simply that I'm
> missing something, just let me know. ;)

The answer is simply that it doesn't yet exist.

It is not a Google requirement and many organizations don't use one.
It has been recommended, however, by many others.

We have a few choices:

1. Cook one up ourselves.
2. Borrow a FLOSS or public domain test but not announce what it is.

That's all I can think of.  I can assist on the second item but not
the first.

- Karsten