meeting results 2010-03-24

Yaakov Nemoy loupgaroublond at gmail.com
Thu Mar 25 10:28:57 UTC 2010

2010/3/25 Heiko W.Rupp <hrupp at redhat.com>:

> Am 24.03.2010 um 17:20 schrieb Karsten Wade:
>
>> # need to set deadline for school participation
>> # need to set specific list of what a school needs to decide/figure
>>  out before deadline
>
> This is an interesting one - especially also since the semester / vacation times
> are different in US / Germany / ...
> Especially for students of German Universities of applied science, the GSoC dates
> were not optimal.
>
> I've sent email to two professors at Univ of Applied science Esslingen and Heilbronn
> to find out if there is interest - Esslingen and Heilbronn are both close to STR.
> There is an Univ of AS in STR too, but I have no contact into it.

I've heard the same about belgium in regards to GSoC. IIRC there was a
post on the gsoc list about how they organise their schedules to make
it fit, and in the end, projects end up being just as successful.
Unfortunately i don't remember offhand what the details were, but i
hope this gives you a good pointer at least.

-Yaakov