Mentors - start commenting in Melange

Buddhike Kurera bckurera at fedoraproject.org
Tue Apr 3 14:07:35 UTC 2012

On Tue, Apr 3, 2012 at 7:21 PM, Karsten 'quaid' Wade <kwade at redhat.com> wrote:

> Hi:
>
> I just started looking through the proposals submitted to
> google-melange.com.[1]
>
> So far, I'm not seeing any commenting from mentors.
>
> We need to move ALL of our commenting to the Melange site.
>
> Students should have a chance to get all comments in one location.
> Then they can modify their proposals in response to one set of comments.
>
> I'm not sure if students can modify their proposal after the deadline.
> If so, then there is no panic. But if not, then it's *crucial* we get
> comments in there right away so students can respond in the proposals.
>
> Also, I think we may want to start giving our own scores to proposals
> so we can begin to see the order of quality. I think we've done that
> in the past. But I don't know if it's fair to do that before proposals
> are done? (Sankarshan, your thoughts?)
>
> Cheers - Karsten
>
> [1] There was a Melange bug that dropped co-admins sometimes, and it
> happened to me, so I haven't been seeing the traffic on all the proposals.
> - --
Hello

It is better mentors can give comments but I see some comments are
incoming through
mailing list and wiki. I have made some comments though the wiki talk
page, so that
it would be easy to keep the track. However mentors can keep helping
to improve the proposal.
Whatever the way fits best can be used.

Mentors can start giving scores after the deadline, I think that is
the most reasonable method.
Before evaluate, it is good to get an overall understanding on all the
proposals submitted for an idea.
But there is no hard rule, whatever the method fits can be followed.
However it is required to
start giving scores after the deadline.

Karsten, I have added you to google-melage as an admin, when I got
your email today. Please
check the system.

Thanks for the idea and any ideas?

--