Public Comment for students - Proposal submissions on google-melange

Buddhike Kurera bckurera at fedoraproject.org
Wed Apr 4 02:00:59 UTC 2012

Dear Students,

Last night I have gone though some of the proposals submitted to google-melange
system. Some proposals look smart and some proposals are hard to read.

Here my concern is not the technical aspects but the formatting of the proposal.

Google-melange text editor provides enough facilities for you to make
your proposal
submission easy to read. You can bold, underline, italic, align,
indenting, bullets and more.
Please feel free to use them and make the submission more readable.
Just a copy and
past from the wiki make things hard to read.

Bare mind your submission on the google-melange is the main text that
mentor go through,
therefore presenting it nice would be an extra advantage you achieve.

If you are not already gone through the proposal writing section on
students-guide
please do refer to the following link,
http://en.flossmanuals.net/GSoCStudentGuide/ch008_writing-a-proposal/

If you need to insert an image/ diagram please cite it and provide the
link at the bottom. You
can use the fedora wiki to upload the image or any other public space
where anyone can access.
However I think it is good to use fedora infra such as fedora wiki as
much as possible.

If you need any clarification or more information or support, feel
free to reply this thread.

Looking forward to read some smart looking proposals.

Happy Summer Coding !!

--
Regards,
Buddhike Chandradeepa Kurera(bckurera)