issue with the mailing list

Kevin Fenzi kevin at scrye.com
Sun Apr 7 16:10:43 UTC 2013

On Sat, 06 Apr 2013 22:53:11 -0700
"Karsten 'quaid' Wade" <kwade at redhat.com> wrote:

> On 04/06/2013 10:21 PM, Avik Pal wrote:
> > Hi,
> >    though I have "Receive your own post to the list?" option set to
> > yes I am not getting any e-mails. please look into the matter.
> > also I can not see my mail sent about a couple of hours ago at
> > http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/summer-coding/
>
> I saw two emails from you before this one. Strangely, neither of them
> is this email:
>
> http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/summer-coding/2013-April/000294.html
>
> So as a list subscriber, I got two emails that did not appear in the
> archives, and did not receive the email that is in the archives. Very
> odd.

The list server was a bit behind on processing archives.
We had a failure of our primary listserver node yesterday and had to
switch to a secondary one, additionally we have been doing a full
backup of data to make sure we had that handy in case of problems.

> I agree that you seem to have mystery on your hands. The best person
> to report this problem is you, which you can do here:
>
> https://fedorahosted.org/fedora-infrastructure/
>
> Log in with your OpenID (and/or Fedora account) and the "New Ticket"
> link will appear in the navigation bar. File a new ticket for the
> component "Mailing Lists", give full details.

I've updated Avik's tickets... everything is in archives now, so I
think we are all back on track. (Although the archiver is not fully
caught up yet, so there may still be some slight delays in archives).

kevin