GSoC Proposal Format | Dealing with images/mockups

Sarup Banskota sbanskota08 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 8 12:54:54 UTC 2013

Hi all,

I'm an undergrad from India, and was in the process of gathering resources
for GSoC. I have decided on a project under Fedora (assuming it gets
selected). In the #gsoc channel on freenode, I was told the proposal will
need to be submitted in the text format, unless melange makes some changes
this year.

However, I would like to include some images and mock-ups to support my
proposal. I read through several pages on past projects, and managed to dig
up this proposal[1]<http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/GSOC_2012/Student_Application_Zuhao/IsItFedoraRuby>,
which seems to be in-line with what I want to do.

So, I wanted to know if while looking at applications, you refer to the
submissions students make on the Fedora wiki pages, or to the one submitted
through melange? I could of course add links to the text proposal, but then
I'm slightly apprehensive of adding too many links into the proposal as
they could get ignored.

Would love some help. :)

Thank you,
Sarup Banskota