AUR Clone for Fedora

nuocu nuocu at refuge.cassiopeia.uberspace.de
Thu Apr 18 20:22:57 UTC 2013

Hello all,

I am thinking of applying for summer of code and would be interested in implementing the AUR clone.
However I have a few questions:

(0) Some supposed projects of summer of code come with estimated difficulty levels. How hard/easy would you consider this one ?

(1) Would it be alright to use checkinstall for generating the packages after compiling ?

(2) Could you provide a rough estimation on how much background knowledge on the package management in fedora is needed ? I am asking this, because I use arch linux, so I know the AUR, but I am not really deep into fedora yet.

(3) I am not studying in the US, so my schedule for University and exams might (and surely will) be different from the US defaults - is that a problem?

nuocu