AUR Clone for Fedora

Buddhike Kurera bckurera at fedoraproject.org
Fri Apr 19 01:16:28 UTC 2013

On Fri, Apr 19, 2013 at 1:52 AM, nuocu <nuocu at refuge.cassiopeia.uberspace.de
> wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I am thinking of applying for summer of code and would be interested in
> implementing the AUR clone.
> However I have a few questions:
>
> (0) Some supposed projects of summer of code come with estimated
> difficulty levels. How hard/easy would you consider this one ?
>
> (1) Would it be alright to use checkinstall for generating the packages
> after compiling ?
>
> (2) Could you provide a rough estimation on how much background knowledge
> on the package management in fedora is needed ? I am asking this, because I
> use arch linux, so I know the AUR, but I am not really deep into fedora yet.
>
> (3) I am not studying in the US, so my schedule for University and exams
> might (and surely will) be different from the US defaults - is that a
> problem?
>
> nuocu

Hi

The page holds some ideas proposed through out the years, so it is good if
you start contacting mentor for that idea first.

For question 3, yes you can apply if you are really able to manage
university work + GSoC project work, given that there should be a
minimal commitment of 40 hours per week for GSoC project.

--
Regards,
Buddhike Chandradeepa Kurera (bckurera)