Project Proposal for GSoC 2014

Pallavi Jha pallavikumarijha at gmail.com
Wed Mar 19 18:14:00 UTC 2014

Hi All,

I am Pallavi Kumari Jha. I want to apply for Google Summer of Code 2014. I
have sound Knowledge of C, C++, Python, Cmocka unit testing framework and
Python unit testing framework.

While going through the project lists I came accross "Implementing a
battery of unit tests for SSSD" [0] which is being mentored by Jakub
Jhrozek . I am really interested in this project and would like to take it
as my GSoC 2014 project.

I have recently worked on an open source project named "Unit Test SSSD"[1]
mentored by Jakub Jhrozek, as one of the accepted intern in Outreach
Program for Women December 10,2013 - March 10,2014. Link to some my work
done is here[2]. The project required sound knowledge of C, talloc, tevent
and familiarization with cmocka testing framework. "Implementing a battery
of unit tests for SSSD" sounds promising and more over I feel I have some
background knowledge about it. Thus with mentor's guide and with Fedora's
team support I hope it wont be a problem for me to work on it either.

I have talked about continuing and expanding the topic I have been
developing as part of Fedora's GSoC involvement with my mentor, Jakub.

Please let me know if there a formal procedure to be followed in order to
get this proposal counted under the list of ideas for GSoC 2014. As the
days to application submission are very less, last date is 21st of March
2014, kindly consider the request and please guide me with this.

[0]
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Summer_coding_ideas_for_2014#Implement_a_battery_of_unit_tests_for_SSSD
[1] https://fedorahosted.org/sssd/wiki/DesignDocs/TestCoverage
[2] https://github.com/PallaviKumariJha/SSSD-OPW-13-14