[Test-Announce] Fedora 18 status

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Wed Jan 9 06:39:53 UTC 2013

Hey, folks.

Just to keep everyone in the loop on F18 status: RC2 looks about 99.99%
good. The only blocker found so far is that it's lacking the final cut
of the release notes. We will therefore be getting an RC3 build in the
morning, but the only difference from RC2 will be a new
fedora-release-notes package. All we'll need to do is give it a smoke
test to make sure nothing crazy happened during compose to make the new
build broken, but other than that, all RC2 test results should be
transferable to RC3.

We have almost complete test coverage - only a few are missing:

QA:Testcase_install_to_SCSI_device - this one we often waive as no-one
has the hardware any more, but if anyone has a SCSI disk lying around
and can test F18 RC2 or RC3 on it, it'd be appreciated

QA:Testcase_Boot_Methods_Xen_Para_Virt - we need someone who's set up
for Xen to test this, if Konrad is reading, are you able to check it?

QA:Testcase_EC2_AMI_Validation - ditto for EC2, I think Tim or Dennis
should be able to check this

QA:Testcase_Anaconda_updates.img_via_installation_source - this one
needs you to have an install repo you can manipulate, I could set up to
test this, but I believe the RH folks in Brno can do it more easily, so
I'm hoping Kamil or someone can get this one done between now and
tomorrow morning. Of course, if anyone else happens to have the setup to
test it, please do, thanks!

QA:Testcase_upgrade_fedup_cli_previous_desktop - Tim has really done
enough testing on this one, I'm sure he'll set it to PASS soon. All his
tests have worked.

So the schedule for tomorrow is that there should be a blocker review
meeting at the usual time, and then Go/No-Go at 19:00 UTC in
#fedora-meeting-2 . Right now it's looking like we'll be signing off on
RC3, unless there are any issues I'm not aware of, or any emerge
overnight. If you're sitting on any major issues...well, last week would
have been the perfect time to nominate them as blockers, but failing
that, please do it now!

Stuff that's in RC2/RC3 but not yet karma'd enough to be pushed stable:

https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/gnupg2-2.0.19-7.fc18
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/gnupg-1.4.13-2.fc18
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/ibus-table-chinese-1.4.6-1.fc18

If we could get some testing on those so they can be pushed stable, it'd
be awesome. Thanks!

Thanks, everyone!
--
Adam Williamson