[Test-Announce] Taskotron Has Replaced AutoQA

Tim Flink tflink at redhat.com
Mon Oct 13 17:08:25 UTC 2014

This has been a long time coming, but AutoQA is no longer scheduling
jobs and Taskotron is now running all of the automated checks on
packages/updates.

The changeover should be transparent to most people - the same checks
are being run in pretty much the same situations. Until Bodhi 2.0 is
deployed, we're planning to continue providing feedback on updates in
the form of bodhi comments.

While Taskotron is a huge step forwards in terms of having a capable
and maintainable automation system for Fedora, it isn't perfect on the
UX front. That being said, there has never been much traffic to the
AutoQA instance and that's why we haven't been focusing as much on the
frontend.

This changeover is just the beginning - we're still hard at work to add
features to Taskotron. The first major feature to be added is
disposable test clients [1] which will pave the way for folks to submit
tasks to be run in Taskotron, among other oft requested features.

Huge props to the folks who have helped make this happen - the usual
suspects from Fedora QA ( Kamil Páral, Josef Skládanka, Martin
Krizek, Lukáš Brabec, Jan Sedlák, Petr Schindler, John Dulaney, Mike
Ruckman), Ralph Bean (patches to ResultsDB), Kevin Fenzi and Stephen
Smoogen (lots of help with and patience during deployment) and many,
many other folks who have contributed ideas, bug reports and/or moral
support.

If you're interested in learning more about Taskotron or helping us with
dev tasks, I've included some reference links at the end of this email.

As always, please come find us (on the qadevel@ list or in #fedora-qa)
if you have any questions or concerns.

Tim

[1] https://phab.qadevel.cloud.fedoraproject.org/T298

General Wiki Page for Taskotron:
  - http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Taskotron

Libtaskotron Documentation:
  - https://docs.qadevel.cloud.fedoraproject.org/libtaskotron/latest/

QA Devel Issue Tracking and Project Management:
  - https://phab.qadevel.cloud.fedoraproject.org/

"Taskotron and Me" Talk from Flock 2014:
  - http://youtu.be/jMTUFCFJS6o

Taskotron Tagged Articles on tflink's Blog:
  - http://tirfa.com/tag/taskotron.html