[Test-Announce] Fedora 23 Final Release Candidate 10 (RC10) Available Now!

Adam Williamson adamwill at fedoraproject.org
Fri Oct 30 05:19:38 UTC 2015

On our modified schedule [1], Fedora 23 Final Release Candidate 10
(RC10) is now available for testing. Please help us complete all the
validation testing!

All deities willing, this should be the last RC. The difference between
RC9 and RC10 is that yelp has been downgraded to 3.17.2 to make
anaconda's help pages work. The focus for RC10 should be any tests that
weren't run for RC3 or RC6 or RC9, basic sanity/smoke testing, checking
that anaconda help works on all images and still works properly for
GNOME apps; I've tested that quite a bit myself but more testing is
welcome! I've transferred results from RC3 and RC6 to the RC10 pages;
coconut's results should come in a few hours, you can check RC6 pages
to see which tests coconut runs and not bother duplicating them.

At the Go/No-Go tomorrow we'll be deciding whether to ship RC9 or RC10,
or slip again.

Content information, including changes, can be found at
https://fedorahosted.org/rel-eng/ticket/6266#comment:24 . Please see
the following pages for download links and testing instructions.
Normally dl.fedoraproject.org should provide the fastest download, but
download-
ib01.fedoraproject.org is available as a mirror (with an approximately
1 hour lag) in case of trouble. To use it, just replace "dl" with
"download-ib01" in the download URL.

Installation:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Test_Results:Current_Installation_Test

Base:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Test_Results:Current_Base_Test

Workstation and Desktop:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Test_Results:Current_Desktop_Test

Server:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Test_Results:Current_Server_Test

Cloud:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Test_Results:Current_Cloud_Test

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Test_Results:Current_Summary

All Alpha, Beta and Final priority test cases for each of these test
pages [2] must pass in order to meet the Final Release Criteria [3].

Help is available on #fedora-qa on irc.freenode.net [4], or on the
test list [5].

Create Fedora 23 Final test compose (TC) and release candidate (RC)
https://fedorahosted.org/rel-eng/ticket/6266

Current Blocker and Freeze Exception bugs:
http://qa.fedoraproject.org/blockerbugs/current
[1] http://fedorapeople.org/groups/schedule/f-23/f-23-quality-tasks.html
[2] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA:Release_validation_test_plan
[3] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Fedora_23_Final_Release_Criteria